FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):

  1. Where do I have to authenticate or stamp my Certifications?

You have to stamp all the gained Certifications from the ministry of foreign affairs of the host country and embassy of Iraq or just from Iraqi Cultural Attaché.

  1. What Certifications should I bring?

You have to bring the true copy of wall Certificate, Transcript and Diploma Supplement from your University.

  1. What should I do if I completed my high school in a foreign country?

You should bring the original copy of your high school certificate to ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research\ Directorate of Equalizing Certification, then we will give you a letter which is directed to the ministry of Education so as to Equalize your high school Certificate.

  1.   What should I do if my name and birth date are not the same as Iraqi ID?

You should go to the notary office so as to bring an official letter from there, stating that both of the names and birth dates belong to you and that you will be held responsible for any troubles in the future.

  1. Where do I need to stamp my thesis or Dissertation?

Your thesis or Dissertation should be stamped from your University and your supervisors should sign on it.

  1. What is diploma supplement?

The Diploma Supplement is a document accompanying a higher education diploma, providing a standardized description of the nature, level, context, content and status of the studies completed by its holder.


A sample of diploma supplement:



  1. Who should bring residency ID?

Those who are not from Kurdistan i.e, holding other nationalities like Arabs, Iranian and all other foreign countries.

  1. How much is the period for residency ID in Kurdistan?

It shouldn’t be less than 6 months.

  1. How much should I pay for equalizing my Certificate?
  • For official decrees you have to pay 75,000 Iraqi Dinars if the holder of Certificate was from Kurdistan.
  • For official decrees you have to pay 150,000 Iraqi Dinars if the holder of Certificate was from other cites of kurdistan Region.
  • For official decrees you have to pay 300,000 Iraqi Dinars if the holder of Certificate was not from Iraq.
  • For each seminar you have to pay 50,000 Iraqi Dinars.
  1. How much time will it take to equalize my certificate?

The time it will take depends on how much documents is ahead of you, it may take (1 to three months)